- Reduces the risk of injury due to fatigue or strain
- Addresses any soft tissue compensation due to injury
- Improves gait quality, range of motion and flexibility
- Increases suppleness and body mobility
- Improves circulation which aids waste and toxin elimination
- Improves disposition and stamina
- Lengths connective tissue
- Induces relaxation and relief of tension
- Improves muscle tone
- Reduces wear and tear which in turn increases the horses working life
Equine sport therapy benefits the nervous, muscular and circulatory systems thus enabling the body to utilise its self healing ability efficiently. By manipulating soft tissue the muscles are encouraged to relax, tissue fibres are loosened and stretched which promote flexibility and leads to an increased range of motion.
Equine sport therapy uses a combination of techniques as appropiate to assist in keeping the horse as comfortable as possible, helping to improve muscle function, suppleness, general health and well being.
Physical therapy is not an alternative for veterinary treatment and veterinary permission is required, but it can be a valuable tool as part of the horses care.